Tuesday, March 29, 2011

it's a sign!

No really! We have a sign on our building now!
it looks like this:














It's the little victories. At least you all can find us now, right? :)

Aside from the mountain we had to get over by not having a sign, we are feeling so good about the way we are moving forward. We've had great feedback about the coffee, the chai, the space, our sandwiches, etc, so I couldn't be more pleased, and we're starting to expand our menus even more. I'm happy to announce the other day, I purchased a KitchenAid industrial stand mixer online, so as soon as we receive it, we will start baking muffins and other tasty treats from scratch!

I'm still trying to find the solution to my lack of blended coffees issue, but I'm working hard at coming up with a recipe that works and isn't full of junky sweet carb fatty grossness. I am convinced that if folks really knew what was in those blendyccinos, they would have nightmares. Bad ones. It's my mission to find the right mix of tasty and not evil if I'm going to do blended drinks. In the interim, we do have fruit smoothies, made with fruit and lowfat yogurt.

This week, we've added some new faces, are steadily working on both our actual menus inside, as well as a carry out version, and will have our first resident monthly artist hanging his work! His name is Collin Rowland and his series of photography/mixed media opens on April Fools Day for the entire month of April, and we are pretty excited about it. Join us Friday 4/1 for his opening, if you're in the area! Also, if you are an artists and would like to schedule a month to show/sell your work here, email us at windmillcoffee[at]gmail[dot]com

back to making some tasty coffee!
jill + the windmill crew

No comments:

Post a Comment